From: at-l-admin@mailman.backcountry.net
[mailto:at-l-admin@mailman.backcountry.net] On Behalf Of rick boudrie
Sent: Thursday, April 24, 2003 8:04 AM
To: ellen@clinic.net; Slyatpct@aol.com
Cc: at-l@mailman.backcountry.net
Subject: Re: Re[2]: [at-l] Hiking for causes.

My first introduction to long-distance walkers was in the early 70's when my
brother and many, many thousands of others walked 20 (25?) miles around
Rochester for the "Hike for Hope".  The Hope being the SS Hope hospital
ship.  They did this for a number of years, and had other big-time
fundraisers of a similar nature, like a 10-mile "Walk for Water".   They
raised a ton of money.  Anyone on the list get ever participate in one of
those?

Rick B