[at-l] Perrenial Subjects: DEET and Permethrine

--
In a message dated 4/18/2003 8:33:46 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
hudsom@us.ibm.com writes:

> <<Permethrine>>
>
> I'll let OB address how this stuff works if the question comes up...

          This chemical is vicious towards ticks. OB may be correct about it
not working on humans, but since the label says to avoid skin contact, I
assume you don't want to anyway. After seeing what it does to ticks on dogs,
I'm 100% certain it would be a strong deterrent if applied on socks, pants
cuffs, or sleeves. The substance is hell for ticks and they can't take even
the slightest exposure. I doubt they would last long after coming in contact
with it when sprayed on clothes while hiking...