[at-l] So here is the deal

I'm not sure I'd agree with the "hike Maine when you're young" thing. I'd
say, "Hike Maine anytime except June." I do kind of like the hopping around
thing, and that's exactly what I've done over the years.

One thing I can say for sure. September is without doubt the finest month to
hike in New England. Of all the times I've been to K, the best have been in
September. The only place you'll have to beat off the peepers, is on the
highway. But don't beat 'em too hard. We like them up here, 'cause they
bring in lots of cash.