[at-l] Washin yer tent

ah, but Shane - *we* all know you better than that!  We know that *you*
have spoken about hiking with examples that show that you know what
you're doing.  *You've* never put down others who know less than you do,
and you've also never needed to be the biggest know-it-all.  *You've*
shared generously from your experience - both successes, and failures,
and things you've learned along the way. (and you've been free to admit
when you've learned from this group) *You've* talked about places in
ways that show that you've actually been there.  You've shared what
you've learned about the interior stuff that happens with you when
you're out there - things that resonate with many other people's
experiences.

Despite the fact that you have been known to step on a few toes along
the way, and there have been times when I thought you were full of just
a little bluster <G>, you've contributed to this community in ways that
mark you as a hiker.  The hiking community is at its best when it seeks
to help each other out, and the incredible thing is that it *is* usually
at its best.  And you've worked at being a part of that.

we might not all speak up - - but we notice.

suZ
(and I was gonna keep my mouth shut and try to stay out of the line of
fire!)