[at-l] NN, The Salesman without Annie, Navigator etc.

Had a great long weekend at the Alabama Trail Association and saw lots of
friends we did not expect to see there, many from Florida.  I was delighted
to see Navigator who now spends almost all her time hiking and writing.  She
has another new book coming out soon.  If you want to hike in Florida they
are excellent and well researched.

Nimblewill Nomad looked wonderful and seemed happy with all the changes in
his life.  He sold everything in Georgia and is "settling down" (ROTFL) in
Missouri where he grew up.  He plans on doing the Santa Fe Trail next.  (I
just knew he couldn't just settle down...LOL)

Spent a couple of days with JoJoSmiley and her new hubby.  Then we dropped
them off at Springer to do some hiking and trail magic.  JoJo is a real
hiking machine and will be doing  a show at TD that you don't want to miss.
She is, for the newbies here, the first woman to do the entire Eastern
Continental Trail and thinks nothing of doing 30 plus mile days.

Also had a nice time to visit with the Salesman who is still hiking, doing
yoga etc. and doing a very good job dealing with his loss.  He has such a
strong sense of spiritualty and belives that Annie is still with him.  It
was so nice to see him dealing with his sudden loss so well.  Does anyone
happen to have an e-mail for him?  I forgot to get it and really wanted to
stay in touch.

Ran into Pirate at Walesi Yi and he said that PawPaw will be at TD too.  He
is 86 now and still gets to all the hiker gatherings he can...with his
"medicine" of course.  Love those Blue Blazers!  (Do not want to hike with
them but they sure do know how to have a good time.)

Now I REALLY have a hiking bug.  I hate that, because of my husband's back,
he cannot hike.  But I need to get on the trail and have him visit me when
he can at trail heads.  So I am planning on helping with the party at Tray
Mt. on Saturday, spending the night there and then starting a hike with
Pittsburgh on Sunday morning and hiking to Rainbow Springs.  I must feed my
hiking addiction!  See you on the trail!

I sure do love living in North GA especially during the thru hiker season.

Hummingbird

---