[at-l] Busy little hikers

>"...I found one book item interesting. There were very few copies of the
>Databook. There were lots of copies of a derivative publication. I don't know
>that it means anything, but we could find a conspiracy in there somewhere."
>speculates OB.

Hmmm. OB doesn't say whether the two publications were in the packs of thru
hikers or on the shelves of the store. But let's assume for discussion sake, the
latter.

 The scarcity of databooks could mean that most of those purchased from ATC have
been sold in preference to Wingfoot's alleged "derivative publication." That
would not be an unreasonable assumption. The data book costs around $5. Wingfoot
$16.

Or the owners may have reviewed both documents and concluded that Wingfoot is
more likely to sell, based on its contents, and is in fact a better buy, despite
the higher price.

Given the information OB has provided, I find it hard to figure out the nature
of the conspiracy he fears.

But I can say in 40 years of dealing with conspiracy theories, I found very few
that proved to be valid. Well to be honest, I can't think of any at the moment,
though the $70 million of taxpayer dollars Republicans spent in an attempt
impeach Clinton may qualify.

Weary