[at-l] AMC hut altermatives

Neysa Huber wrote:

> When hiking in the Whites is my only option for shelter to
>pay $68 a night for an AMC hut, or are there cheaper/free alternatives like
>dispersed camping or other non-caretaker equipt shelters?  I have looked
>through the "Thru-hikers Companion" and it seems rather nebulus on this
>topic.  If  this has already been discussed I apologize.

EVERYTHING has already been discussed. Rockdancer has a very nice,
detailed list of 'bandit campsites' or 'stealth campsites'. I have it
somewhere...but, can't find it. If you're out there RD, why don't you
post it again. And, you can stay in shelters for $6 a night (are they
still six?) or 'work for stay' at the huts if you're 'lucky' enuff to
have some AMC punk hutmaster let you work.  I digress...yet, again.

--
Felix J. McGillicuddy
ME-->GA '98