[at-l] Got me a dehydrator

Yup,

	One of my main staples is mixed vegetables dried from frozen ones.
For best results do not get the mix with potatoes since they take a
long time to reconstitute. Also, although I used em for years I now
leave out Lima beans since they take longer to reconstitute than say,
corn, carrots, green beans and green peas. I dry them directly from
the frozen package. Corn by itself is a good starting point.
Reconstitutes quickly and has good foood power :-).
	Other favorites are sliced mushrooms mmmm and sliced white onions.
Yellow onions seem to have a lot of oil and take too long to dry. By
far the best meat for cooking with is to first cook a very lean roast,
seasoned the way you like it. Then grind up the cooked roast like
hamburger and then dry it.
	Another great item is to take a can of Lucks pinto beans and dry
them. It is hard to beat pintoes for a hardy meal. Add some tomato
powder and some beef and chili mmmm.

chase ... drying for twenty years and still not crunchy