[at-l] Snow conditions/Rockfish to James

B & B,
I was just at Whetstone Ridge yesterday meeting with the Forest Service &
NPS on our ODATC trail section (Rockfish to Reed's Gap).  We have not been
able to get on the trail since December for monitoring or trail assessment
because the Pkwy has been closed & due to heavy snow/ice in the area.  Per
conversation with the district ranger yesterday at the meeting, Pkwy is
closed between Rockfish & James River & he could barely get over Humpback in
4-wheel drive due to ice.  Per a friend who lives at Wintergreen, trail
conditions are approx 4+ inches of ice on the trail, depending where you
are.  Weather is expected this week.

By next week - who knows, however this mess tends to melt enough during the
day to re-freeze at night, causing the trail to literally be a river of
smooth ice.  If you go, be VERY careful!  Also, check Parkway closure next
week before you go.

inca