[at-l] The Catamount Trail in Vermont

Folks on this list know about the AT of course and have
probably heard about the Long Trail in Vermont.  There
is also the Catamount Trail in Vermont that is designed
for cross-country skiers and covers the length of Vermont
just like the Long Trail.  I believe the three trails
are one-and-the same in several places (Killington, Stratton).

Anyway, I just received a blurb about some folks who are
trying to thru-ski the trail this year:

> TACKLE THE 300 MILE CATAMOUNT TRAIL ON SKIS
>
> Twelve skiers are hoping to conquer Vermont=92s state-long Catamount
> Trail during February. Throughout the entire month, the non-profit
> Catamount Ski Trail Association is offering an end-to-end ski tour on
> the backcountry trail, which also utilizes parts of cross-country ski
> centers in the state. The intrepid dozen are trying to ski the whole
> thing. Some other hardcore skiers are tackling the trail in two- and
> three-week periods while most are taking part of the journey in
> daylong tours.  Read up on this adventure and about the Catamount
> Trail in the door GayOutdoors Muses column by Your Webmaster, Gandalf.

The story can be found at:
http://www.gayoutdoors.com/
page.cfm?typeofsite=3Dstorydetail&ID=3D316&storyset=3Dyes

The trail web site is: http://www.catamounttrail.org/