[at-l] (Guest Post) Boy Scout Hike of 1936

* Message posted to AT-L from the National Scenic Trails Website
* by our guest Arthur Gaudet <agaudet@theworld.com>.
* Please use <mailto:agaudet@theworld.com> to reply to the sender.

I'll be NYC doing some research next week, and thought I'd take some time t=
o find info (if any) regarding the 1936 Bronx Boy Scout AT Thruhike. In pre=
paration I'll be looking over the archive of at-l messages so I'll have any=
 info that's been put out since I've been off the list. The archive is curr=
ent to December 2002 so I won't have anything from 2003 if the topic's been=
 discussed.

I expect to find some microfiche newspapers from that time, and perhaps I c=
an search some old phonebooks to find addresses, school yearbooks, etc. I h=
ave the names of the 3 known hikers from the ATN articles, along with the n=
ame of one of the sponsors of the hikers. If you have additional info that =
will make my searches easier, please get in touch in the next couple of day=
s.

And if anything's been posted since Jan 1, could someone search and send me=
 an email copy? Thanks. --RockDancer '97