From: Tab Combs
Date: Wednesday, February 12, 2003 6:41:11 PM
To: AT-L List (E-mail)
Subject: Fw: [at-l] Fw: dogs

--
ok, after some rather unfriendly off-list messages, please allow me to cover
my rear-end and state for the record that i do not mean to lump
dog-dislikers" and "complainers" in one category. apparently my last post
seemed otherwise.
my point is that some people will complain about anything they can find to
complain about. if there is a dog around, it will make a good target. if
there isn't a dog, something else will be the target, whether it be a noisy
stove, a flapping tent fly, or smelly socks near the campfire. in this
situation, you and your well-mannered dog may as well move along rather than
give people cause to be annoyed.
then there are other generally agreeable people who just don't like dogs
around, no matter how well-behaved they are. if you and your dog are around,
they may complain (or just be unhappy), and if you leave, they will probably
stop. in this situation as well, it's best to move along.
so in terms of who you should keep your dog away from, yes, complainers and
dog-dislikers belong in the same category. but by no means does that mean
dog-dislikers are complainers.

-cheeseburger