From: ATGonnaBe03@aol.com
To: tacombs99@hotmail.com ; at-l@backcountry.net
Sent: Wednesday, February 12, 2003 5:46 PM
Subject: Re: [at-l] Fw: dogs

In a message dated 2/12/2003 3:32:15 PM Mountain Standard Time, tacombs99@h=
otmail.com writes:

  Just remember that not everybody likes dogs.

And not everybody likes everybody--for good reasons.  To lump "everybody" i=
nto one distasteful category seems a little like lazy thinking.  Mine's a p=
oodle too, but she is a very large Standard Poodle.  If she were in my back=
pack, I couldn't walk.

If she is with me, it is because she had no other "me" to take care of her.=
  I know that most of the time I will enjoy her company.  I know that somet=
imes I will be upset with her and sometimes she will gag me out with that w=
et-dog aroma.  Still, she is a dear companion, and I will take on the incon=
veniences and hope that our record at the end of the trail is one that serv=
es as a good example of what a canine hiking companion should be.

My canine ideal is Abby, a long-haired German Shepherd of the "Class of 199=
9."

Kinnickinic