[at-l] work trip

Yesterday I took vacation and met another member of the GATC to do some
trail work. What a wonderful day! What a super wonderful day! This will
be hard for ya'll to believe, but the work trip was right on par with
watching Sheltermouse and Raindrop while they sing the Barny songs! No, I
not kidding, it was that much fun.

We got to Hog Pen Gap about 9 AM and were hiking soon after. The
temperature was around 37 or 38 degrees. I wish I had a video of me and
Jordan trying to adjust our bifocals and squinting at a tiny little, one
inch long zip pull thermometer. All you kids out there take note: Getting
old ain't for the faint hearted. No sir. You got to be a real tough old
bird to get old.

Where was I? Oh, work trip. We made really good time, covering 3 miles in
an hour to arrive at Wide Gap. We were at Sheep Top Rock by 11:30 AM and
noted that the temp had dropped to 30. The wind was blowing and the snow
had started. By the time we got back to the gap, it was down to 20 and
the wind was serious!

On the way out, I kept thinking about the "how to stay warm" thread of
late. I was wearing polypropylene long johns and a wind shell with my
fleece hat and gloves. While I was walking with just my work pack and
tools ( Maybe 15 pounds, 20 tops) I was warm everywhere except my face.
By pulling my bandana up ( Sundance Hopeful?) even my cheeks stayed warm.
What a great trip.  Hopeful

Only $9.95 per month!
Visit www.juno.com