[at-l] RE: Quality Sleeping Bags

>When I go shopping, I am neutral on the country of origin. High-end goods
>used to be the exclusive domain of  the US and Europe, not true any more:
>Good stuff comes from all over the planet these days. So does cheap junk.
>Better to pick a pricepoint and follow it wherever it leads than to pick a
>country.
Caleb,
Go check out a Western Mountaineering or a Feathered Friends sleeping
bag(both made in America). Then go check out a North Face or REI or  similar
brand(made in other countries). The quality of the American companies'
sleeping bags is so superior that I don't know how the foreign brands sell
enough to stay in business(price I guess). I do agree that on some things
foreign goods are as good as and sometimes superior to American, but not in
the case of sleeping bags, IMHO.
John Carnahan
jac_150@hotmail.com