[at-l] health food stores

> Message: 47
> From: Rhw1214@aol.com
> Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 00:11:16 EST
> To: at-l@mailman.backcountry.net
> Subject: [at-l] the food stores on the trail
>
> --
> what towns are ther health food stores in?  or super markets with
> health food
> sections?  i am asking about good vegan/vegetarian options, so that
> i may not
> need a drop.  the question also applies to veggie friendly
> restaurants.
> anything come to mind?
> regan the vegan

I know three:

Manchester Center, VT has a health food store, I was in it this
summer.

Also, the outfitter at Hot Springs, NC has some items along these
lines for resupply. Elmer's Hostel in Hot Springs serves organic veg
meals.

Hannover, NH, where Dartmouth is, had a store with great bulk ins not
too far from campus, but I don't remember exactly where it was. Maybe
someone from there knows what I am talking about. Lots of refried
beans, hummus, dried fruit, cous-cous-type things.
--
    	AT Journal:
	http://www.trailjournals.com/Liteshoe/