[at-l] Nomad tents?

Hi- I've seen some info and pics of some homemade "tents" called Nomads I
think.  They have a name like 2-BY-2 or something like that... anybody use
them before and where can I get some info about them.  They seemed like a
very lightweight option, but I was concerned about their stability(since
they're held up with a trekking pole) and rainworthiness.  I use a 1 person
Mt. Hardware Solitude (3lbs, 10 oz) which is a good tent, and I have a Sil
tarp (1lb) which is ultra light but doesn't cut it for the bugs, and am
looking for a happy medium between lightweight and adequate bug/storm
protection.  Any suggestions?