[at-l] Should I cancel?

--- KellyGoVols@aol.com wrote:
> What else should I pick up?

If you're worried about being too cold, you might want to
consider picking up one of those mylar sleeping bags (about
$9.00 or so -- has a picture of a guy sitting on the ground
in  the mylar sleeping bag -- this is an actual bag, not a
mylar blanket). If you heat up a Nalgene full of hot water
and put it inside that mylar sleeping bag with you, believe
me you're gonna be hot baby!

The mylar sleeping bag only weighs about 3 ounces or so.
Also, if your sleeping bag gets wet, you can dry it out
while you're sleeping inside it by using the hot Nalgene
trick with the mylar bag to dry your sleeping bag from the
inside out (with you in the mylar bag staying warm too).

Are you headed to the Ocala Trail? That sure is a nice hike
-- I hiked the Ocala Trail at the end of January 1999 by
way of Indiana then Providence, Rhode Island -- the Ocala
Trail seemed like balmy weather by the time I got to
Rothman Dam at the north end of the Ocala Trail. On the
trail I had temps as cold as 37* one night and as high as
70*. I had my winter gear with me and did need it for a
couple of nights.

Don't forget to stop at the 88 store (assuming it's still
there) -- about 1/4 mile off the Ocala Trail.

Here's some photos:

Typical trail shot along the Ocala Trail:
http://friends.backcountry.net/datto/pic/Fttrail1.jpg

Real foggy morning along the Ocala Trail:
http://friends.backcountry.net/datto/pic/Fog02.jpg

Spelling Bee at the church when I resupplied off-trail:
http://friends.backcountry.net/datto/pic/Spell01.jpg

I think this was at Alexander Springs -- I dived in with my
clothes on:
http://friends.backcountry.net/datto/pic/Junpool1.jpg

Datto