[at-l] I've got SOBO on my mind...

>"...Thinking in terms of leaving Katahdin July 22 (my birthday) and aiming to
>end at Springer in time for the GA ruck.  There will be a GA ruck in 2
>years,right??

Sounds like a plan to me. Maine is beautiful in the summer, after the black
flies are gone, and in the winter, for that matter. Though the shelters will be
crowded with camp groups through August, so carry some alternative shelter. The
Whites are beautiful at any time.

 The Middle Atlantic States are Middle Atlantic States, regardless of time of
 year.

 I'd love to do the southern Appalachians in late fall, early winter.

 Just expect to carry extra water. A lot of springs dry up by mid July and don't
 recover until the fall rains.

 Weary