[at-l] I've got SOBO on my mind...

Planning a thru for '04 and thinking more and more of
bounding South.

Can I get some comments?

Here's where I'm at so far.

1)	I *love* hiking in the winter.  I mean, my hiking
juices don't really get going until fall, and die down
in the summer.

B)	Don't mind being alone.  People are fun, but I
definitely won't miss the crowds.

C)	Don't mind finishing at Springer - used to live in
No. GA and those mountains are *home* to me.  I could
walk home! :-)  Come to think of it, I've never
actually seen Springer.  I may keep it that way. :-)

4)	I am somewhat concerned that the greatest amount of
work is in the north part of the AT.  Walking north
would get me in better shape.  But I am willing to be
slow at first and just take it a step at a time.

Thinking in terms of leaving Katahdin July 22 (my
birthday) and aiming to end at Springer in time for
the GA ruck.  There will be a GA ruck in 2 years,
right??

Thoughts?
Delita