[at-l] Sheltowee & Nomad on Delta

So, there i'm sitting on my Delta flight west for Christmas.  I've been
reading and not paying attention to the video portion of the entertainment
;-)

We are landing so I look up and notice that there is a guy on screen
carrying a backpack.  Now he's walking down some trail w/ leki's...  now
he's chatting to the camera.  hmmm  he looks kinda familiar...  naw, cant be
anyone I know!  but I keep watching, but I cant hear cuz we are taxiing and
I cant find my earphones!  My glasses are burried in my bag so I cant read
the subtitles, but I don't see a trail name, just someones name followed by
the words 'HIKER'.   so, now he's met some other hiker and they are showing
a camp... HEY, thats a nomad tent there, that other guy looks familiar to me
as well...but its time to exit the plane.

Now i'm getting really psyched cuz that must have been a 'real' hiker.  Next
flight leg i'm ready - i put on my headphones and wait impatiently for the
segment to repeat.  Its not until my 3rd leg that I finally get to see part
of the segment on Radical Sabbatical.  Again, it starts to play as we start
to land so I don't see it all, but this time i've got my glasses and I can
hear the words.  I realize that it IS our Sheltowee, Dan Rogers, they are
interviewing and following at the beginning of his cross country hike.  No
wonder he looked familiar - I had just seen him in Hot Springs 2 weekends
prior... but now he has a beard and that post-hike look ;-)

So, what a blast, fly Delta and watch Sheltowee and Nimblewill Nomad
explaining long distance hiking to the camera / plane folks.  Finally a
segment I really wanted to watch and the flight wasn't long enough to see it
all  AAARRRGGGGHHHH    did anyone else know they were on the Delta in-flight
entertainment?   was I the only clueless wonder here?

I hope its still playing on the return flight  ;-)

Cheerio

http://join.msn.com/?page=features/virus&xAPID=42&PS=47575&PI=7324&DI=7474&SU=
http://www.hotmail.msn.com/cgi-bin/getmsg&HL=1216hotmailtaglines_virusprotection_3mf