[at-l] AT Fund On Income Tax Form

--
RnR writes:

It would be nice if we could lobby to have an AT land acquisition
fund placed as a voluntary option on our 1040 forms. Persons could check-off
a $1 $5 or more donation targeted towards land compensation funding for
corridor enlargement and preservation. This could generate big bucks for the
Trail...

My response:

That sounds like a very cool idea to me, RnR...  I wonder if such a bill
would have more than a snowball's chance in hell to make it through our fine
legislature and not be vetoed by our fine president.  And I wonder if the
1040 form and process could be used as a vehicle for encouraging voluntary
donations of this type.  But, regardless of these questions, the proposal
would get my vote (and my $5 donation)!!!

p.s.   I hope that I didn't use a "banned word"...