[at-l] Winter Backpacking Tips

ahh - memories from my pyro childhood . . . we used to have "match wars"
with these kinds of matches . . . hold one like you are going to "kick a
field goal" in paper football, with the head against the strike surface
on the side of the box, one finger on the other end to hold it there,
and using the other hand's fingers to snap your middle finger against
the side of the [wooden] match stick, about 1/3 above the head end . . .
one could achieve great distances with a bit of practice! :)

The ultimate weapon in this crazy game were the long striking windproof
and waterproof wooden matches!

Needless to say, I don't recommend trying this, but it sure was fun as
heck back in "the old days!"

thru-thinker [-striker!]