Re[6]: [at-l] Hunting and Hiking...

>"...A couple of years ago, the Blacksburg Police Dept had to chase a wayward
>black bear from an in-town residential neighborhood." reports Chris M. who
>lives where bears are hunted.

One wayward black bear every couple of years qualifies as a diversion not a
problem. As for deer no amount of hunting seems to keep them under control, one
reason probably being the suburban sprawl with its many no hunting and no
tresspassing signs.

 Then too, hunters tend to be a dying breed. At least the number of hunting
 licenses declines year by year in Maine and I expect elsewhere.

 I have a lifetime license, but my contribution to the control of the deer herd
 is pretty minimal.

 Weary