Re[4]: [at-l] Hunting and Hiking...

On Fri, 2002-11-29 at 10:24, Bob C. wrote:

> Bears tend to be a problem only where they are not hunted. I'm tempted to say
> they are NEVER a problem in places where they are hunted, but if I do someone is
> sure to post a rare exception.

And that someone would be me.  :-D

I live in Virginia, where bear season opened just the other day.  A
couple of years ago, the Blacksburg Police Dept had to chase a wayward
black bear from an in-town residential neighborhood.

We also have a very large problem with deer here.  They are all over
town, including my back yard in the mornings.  Just last week a buck
tore up a Kroger's Grocery Store that he had somehow gotten into.  They
are so prevalent, and such a nuisance, that this year the Town of
Blacksburg allowed archery hunting WITHIN the city limits.

--
Christopher L McNabb
Operating Systems Analyst         Email: cmcnabb@4mcnabb.net