[at-l] Car mistaken for a deer.

--
=0D
XXXXXXXXX Excuse me, RoksnRoots, Please dont't tell folks that I wrote this=
.
 You have your wires crossed up or something.=0D
=0D
In a message dated 11/25/2002 9:30:21 PM Eastern Standard Time,
atted@tampabay.rr.com writes:=0D
=0D
If, like Roxy, you have a problem with the attitude=0D
hunters take toward you --- then maybe you need to go look in a=0D
mirror, cause it's probably your attitude that's plainly showing.=0D
And it doesn't do anything to make them want to talk to you or help=0D
you - or be friendly.=0D
=0D
=0D
=0D
=0D
        ***   No bias???=0D
=0D
                     Your Freudian condescension is thick here Jim. It is
telling of a lot of things, including your own advice so often given of
looking in a mirror." First, you have no idea of the situation in which
those descriptions occurred, yet you are quick to assume that somehow I
failed to reach out to the hunters I described. My first encounter in 1985
was near Clarendon Gorge on a beautifully cool and sunny fall day. Pheasant
season had just opened and their were strictly New England looking men in
the fields near the Trail with shotguns. I heard a nearby BOOM, but kept
going. I figured I wasn't going to get hit and didn't. On another Long Trai=
hike I heard automatic weapons bursts down below.=0D
=0D
       Of the two hunters who walked by me without words, the first emerged
only about 10 yards in front of me and walked right by me. I'm sure I was
thinking of a 'hello' or something, but he seemed in a trance and wasn't
slowing down as he tensely brushed right past me. From his reaction, it
wouldn't be far fetched to think he was drawing down on me and was nervous.
Who knows. The one by my bivouac literally appeared out of nowhere and
strolled right to my left like a rifle toting ghost. He was also in a
hunting mode, so I just sat there and figured he was hunting and didn't wan=
to talk. Which is exactly what he was doing. I was sitting down eating. I
don't see how my attitude could possibly be to blame, but there's a lot of
misdesignated things that I am also confused about -so I'm not surprised.
Unless my attitude was plainly showing from behind while leaning over my
oatmeal, I can't really see what the heck you are talking about?=0D
=0D
     At our local management meetings where we discussed the possibility of
banning hunters, I was the one insisting they be left alone as potential
allies. I also thought our coming in and booting them from age-old hunting
grounds would not fly locally and we could gain a lot by working with them.
Believe it or not, the deer populations are so high in southern NY that
hunters are actually helping the forest around the Trail...=0D
=0D
    PS- If you actually practice that warm and friendly respectful stuff yo=
u preach won't call me "Roxy". I don't like it. If you continue to do so, w=
ell then you're just the hypocrites I and others weren't fooled by all alon=
g. "What's in YOUR attitude???" Now it's your move Jim...