[at-l] Happiness is -

--
In a message dated 11/3/2002 6:48:18 PM Pacific Standard Time,
spiriteagle99@hotmail.com writes:

> but days like today, wandering in the autumn colored hills, filled with joy
> and gratitude at such a beautiful day in such a beautiful place, make it
> much easier to wait.

Last weekend I took Cassy and my aunt up to Damascus, hoping to find Leapfrog
there at the end of her week hike after the Gathering.  We found her :)  And
the colors - the leaves had changed and you were surrounded by gold and red -
the whole place looked different.  No tent city like at Trail Days, hardly
any people, actually.  We fed the ducks at the river, 20 plus of them, and
Cassy loved that.  Then  hanging out at The Lazy Fox Inn - there isn't too
much I wouldn't do to own a place like that, especially if they let me keep
the swing and the hammock in the back right on the river :)  A little hike
thru town.  More lazing around the porch at the Inn.

The colors were awesome, the weather was perfect, not cold or hot, just
perfectly inbetween.  Walking down the street and seeing those blazes on the
poles - I had to explain to Cas that we *were* on the AT.  She said that the
AT we've always been on didn't have stores. :)  So I explained to her the
trail town thing, and how the trail sometimes goes thru places like that.

She just wanted to know how people got so lucky to live in a place that was
so beautiful.  Damascus is surrounded by mountains, for those of you who
haven't been there - and they were all brilliant shades - the leaves were
worth a much longer trip than we had made to see them.

Anyway - what Ginny said reminded me of that . . .

Red