OT - was Re: [at-l] ounce winnie history lesson

--
In a message dated 11/3/2002 6:14:48 PM Pacific Standard Time,
DTimm65344@aol.com writes:

> If you were 20 years old, got up at four a.m., did 100 pushups and a 5 mile
> run before breakfast, you could carry that too without feeling it.  <VBG>

Funny how these subject lines morph - but I just had to do it, this is too
good of a lead in :)

Shannon has joined the United States Marine Corps - of course, she has to
graduate first, but immediately thereafter she will be running off to boot
camp.  She's been sworn in and everything.  While I knew she wanted to join
the armed forces, I was kind of hoping for Air Force, as they seem to get all
the money . . . but she decided on the Marines, even though her scores could
have gotten her any job in any branch.

So - she did ask her recruiter the question that if she married Felix could
she get stationed in Indiana - apparently that was the wrong thing to ask.
He shoved background investigation paperwork in front of her and reminded her
that associations with Indiana people could mean you end up a mess cook,
since they don't need a security clearance.  Something about associations
with Indiana people seem to impact your security clearance.  I don't get it,
really - Felix has never been arrested in TN that I know of :)

Red