[at-l] Happiness is -

a sunny cool autumn day, golden leaves crunching underfoot, red, yellow and
orange leaves drifting down from above, and miles of trail winding through
hills and farmlands.

A few days ago someone asked about depression and long distance hiking - I
can't imagine it.  Yes, long distance hiking is hard, sometimes really hard=
,
but I am never happier than when I am on a trail, any trail.  It isn't
always fun, but it is always happiness.

That's true whether we walk 5 miles or 500 miles or even 2800 miles. I may
have days on the trail that are better than others, times that I grumble
about cold or rain or sore feet, but it is true - a bad day on the trail
still beats a good day at the office.

The only depressing thing about long distance hiking, for me, is not being
able to do it as often as I would like.  If I could, I'd take off tomorrow.
Reality is, we have to work and save money for a few more years before we
can do it again - but days like today, wandering in the autumn colored
hills, filled with joy and gratitude at such a beautiful day in such a
beautiful place, make it much easier to wait.

Ginny

Get a speedy connection with MSN Broadband.=A0 Join now!