[at-l] How much is too much?

Teresa French wrote:

>Thank you, Bhob!  I appreciate the response.  The DD I tried weighed in at
>5#6oz (I think), which is a little heavier than I'd like to go.  It felt
>great though.  I'm still searching, looking, listening.  I'll post when I
>purchase.

Teresa -
I bought a ULA P2 pack in July - used it for about 2 weeks in Montana in
August/Sept.  It weighs in at 40 oz (including all the "options" I had them
install).  And it works great.   I bought it cause Sly used one on the CDT
and recommended it.  Figured if it didn't work, I could blame him <VBG>

The ULA URL is: http://www.ula-equipment.com/

I'd tried a GVP G4 but it wasn't quite what I wanted. However, it works for
a lot of people.  The GVP URL is: http://www.gvpgear.com/

Another possibility is Ron Moak's new pack design - he brought it to the
Gathering and I liked what I saw even though I haven't actually field teste=
it.  I'm not even sure it's actually available for public consumption yet -
it's not on his web page yet.  Ron's URL is: http://www.sixmoondesigns.com/

If you're at the PA Ruck, I'll have the ULA pack there as well as the
Gregory Reality (80 oz) that I used for both the CDT and PCT.  It won't mak=
a third thruhike, though. Not because it would fall apart but because there
are lighter packs that will do the job just as well.  That wasn't true when
I bought it.

Don't get in a hurry about this - you have lots of time.

Walk softly,
Jim

Broadband?=A0Dial-up? Get reliable MSN Internet Access.