[at-l] PUR Hiker filter

Hi, I used a PUR filter during my 2001 thru. I have to agree with those
of you who thought the filter got cloged frequently. I could go about 5
to 6 weeks on a cartridge before it had to be replaced. I filtered all
my water that came from a spring, brook, river or pond. After finding
out, from other hikers, that PUR will send you a replacement cartridge
for free I had them sent to me 4 times along the trail. I met several
hikers who were having "hard pumping" problems. A lot of the time it
was because the pump piston had to be lubricated. If the filter pumps
hard when it isn't filtering water It's often the piston needs
lubrication. Grampie