[at-l] PUR Hiker filter

I also use the PUR Hiker filter and have found some problems with it pumpin=
g hard after awhile.  My experience is that it comes from both clogging and=
 from wear and tear.  The clogging is from filtering dirty water and can be=
 alleviated to some extent with various pre-filter mechanisms which range a=
ll the way from coffee filters over the "acorn" intake to in-line pre-filte=
rs with mini elements inside them.  The MSR inline prefilter is the latest =
of my preferences.

I do find, however, that if I take the pumping mechanism apart from time to=
 time and re-assemble it after shaking out any worn plastic, etc., then it =
seems to pump much easier.