[at-l] winter backpacking

|.. . . any tips on how I would go about learning the winter skills I'd nee=
|to be out backpacking up here?

One idea is to go out for a all-day day hike in the winter.  Get out there =
first thing is the morning.  Make breakfast, lunch and dinner on the tril. =
  Try to get confortable in the cold.  Stop at a nice vista if you can.  Ta=
ke long breaks to see if you can stay warm while resting.

Be back to the car one half hour before dark.  This will give you some leew=
ay incase you fall behind schedule as you should not be wandering around in=
 the woods after dark in the winter without being prepared to stay overnigh=
t.

PANZER