[at-l] Trip report (kinda) /Trail Magic question

--
After putting in 15 hour days all week, I decided at 5pm to shut off the dang
computer and get out of the house.  Since I needed to scope out Black Balsam

When I got back down to the BRP, I turned north (I thought). I passed a
cyclist and thought to myself that cycling in the approaching darkness with
this fog was not the smartest thing that guy could be doing. A mile or so
later, I got to an overlook below the clouds and had a clear view of the
sunset and the almost full moon rising behind me.  As I sat watching the
show, the cyclist came up and we started to chat. It turns out he had 2 flats
during his ride and had planned on being back to his vehicle before the
sunset. I offered him a  ride which he gratefully accepted.  We watched the
final rays of sunshine in silence, then a short drive later he was back at
his vehicle and I continued on my way down the nearly deserted road.

After a little bit (okay, it was 30 miles), I realized I was headed south on
the BRP, not north and I took a wrong turn out of Black Balsam. It wasn't a
big deal to get home from there and it ended up really only being about 25
miles longer than I had originally planned.  I suppose if you had asked the
cyclist, he would have said it was meant to be that I went the wrong
direction.

This act of fate got me thinking - what was my most memorable trail magic?

Mine was ride from Coopers Gap to the FS42 Springer parking lot. A very nice
family from the mountains gave me a ride that took many hours and ended up
being about 60 miles. Since these places are only about 7 miles apart on the
same road, that was quite an accomplishment. But, nevertheless, it was
memorable and I look back at it fondly.

What was your most memorable magic? Not necessarily who went out of their way
most, but what made the biggest difference to you, either because of timing,
because it was funny or nice or because it made such an impact on your
journey?

POG

Work like you don't need money, Love like you've never been hurt, And dance
like no one's watching. - unknown