[at-l] Gear questions (looking for recent opinions & recommendations)

--

Just a couple of questions (checking on recent opinions):

1) I've seen older posts about tents & a newer thread about Nomads.
Is the tent of choice for an AT Thruhike in 2003 (for 1 person)
still the Nomad light?  (If so, I need to get on the list quick).
I've seen some recommendations, but mostly for the bigger 2 for 2.
Does the Nomad light have room for a 6'2" sleeper & a pack? (Can't really
tell from pictures on the web site)

2) Any experiences with 2lb down bags with a 20 degree rating?
Recommendations? Are they true to rating? Wind/water proof?
(I'm 6'2" 220... )

3) Any Feathered Friends Rock Wren users (Top zip & arm zips), or  people
who use similar type bags (bags you can wear as a coat)?
Can these 30 degree bag be used on the AT? Are any of them 20 degree rated?

4) How easy is it to get propane/Isobutane stove cartridges along the trail?
Example, "MSR Isopro".

5) How easy is it to get Esbit tabs along the trail?
How easy to use in wind?
I have an old whisperlight,  an esbit & a cannister stove to choose from).
Recommendations accepted here.

I think I can figure the rest out (llamas, wine glasses & cheese trays, etc.)

Thanks,

Russ (Gimp)