[at-l] Re: Re Responsible use of soap WAS Re help me with my gear list please

The only time I would carry eyedrops is when hiking in relentlessly dry con=
ditions. That pretty much excludes the entire AT. However, when hiking in t=
he desert southwest you betcha.

A friend also turned me on to using a small spray bottle full of water to s=
pritz myself when hot. AGain this is really only useful in very dry conditi=
ons. It's remarkable how good a little spritz of even warm water can feel a=
s you move through 100+*F heat with little humidity.

  ** Ken **

**       krk@speakeasy.org        http://www.speakeasy.org/~krk     **
**        Ultralight backpacker   http://www.speakeasy.org/~krk     **