[at-l] wild pig attack

earlier this year while camping with my daughter in a place apparently with roots attractive to
pigs, we heard this pig rooting. It ran when we entered the area, crashing through the underbrush
until all was again silent. At bout 1 or 2 in the morning we heard the rooting again. Our voices
alone sent it crashing again through the underbrush. I still haven't actually seen one in North
America -- I've just seen what they do to the ground and I've just heard them. As kid in Asia we
hunted wild boar.

> A friend who is a hunter once was up there hunting deer or rabbit (I forget
> what).  He got chased up a tree by a pack (or is it herd?) of pigs.  His gun
> did not help all that much.  He was lucky.  One hunter he knew was gored
> real bad by one of those pigs.
>
> And we thought we only had to worry about bears.  Of course it its after a
> few days of trail food, that boar might be in trouble.  Espedially if I've
> been dreaming about bobby-q.

=====
David Addleton
vocate atque non vocate deus aderit