[at-l] New Pico Shelter, Killington VT

--
In a message dated 8/22/02 10:59:52 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
rafe.bustin@verizon.net writes:

   You gotta be kidding.  Is the mountain wheelchair accessible too?

   Hmmm.  Not quite, but by the "old" AT, it's one of the mellowest
> climbs I've done in a very long time, and leaves the road right
> across from a very mellow establishment -- the Inn at the Long
> Trail.  Dog nose why they had to "improve" on this scheme.

"They", the ATC, "improved" the Trail in the Killington area because "they"
determined hiker should not have to share the AT treadway with the ski area.
This meant losing a couple of good views, not taking hikers directly to the
Inn at the Long Trail, and increasing trail distance about 2 miles. Good or
Bad, you judge, but it is the way it is. Same as type policy that put
wheelchair accessable outhouses where wheelchairs can't access.

The Old RidgeRunner