[at-l] Considerations.

I've seen some studies which say that it is a bad idea to try to exterminate
the normal bacterial population on your skin. Most of these are harmless or
mutualistic and all out chemical warfare can kill the harmless critters and
allow the harmful ones to multiply.

Bryan

Somehow, I just can't get a grip around this idea. Have you actually seen
the study? What enzymes on skin were adversely affected and how was that
worse than keeping coliform bacteria on your hands? I am certain that
Purell causes dry skin and that a skin lotion (sunscreen, DEET in low
concentrations, olive oil, ...) can help the matter pretty conveniently.

An why carry something as heavy as Hydrogen Peroxide, when iodine (in Polar
Pure or iodine tabs) is so available, longer lasting and a more effective
bleaching agent?