[at-l] Scouting and can stoves (was Pepsi can alcohol stoves for sale)

can stoves.

While I can't know his motives, even our accountant suspects profit and
he knows him. The stove of choice with the troop is the Whisperlight.
Make your own judgment as to which is more dangerous. Also his refusal
wasn't based on personal observation of the stove, he refused to even
look at it. For those who don't know, the original idea came from a scout
site on the web. Our accountant was quite impressed with the stove.

This troop is well trained in fire discipline and LNT (or at least do no
harm). I have offered on more than one occasion to talk to them about
lightweight backpacking and was told "we need all the gear we carry". I
never said anything about not needing anything.

woodelf