From: Rhw1214@aol.com
Date: Wednesday, August 07, 2002 2:11:24 PM
To: at-l@mailman.backcountry.net
Subject: [at-l] Re: ultra light clinics and reintroduction

--
hi all. i have been hiding out for too long!! actually, i had some medical
stuff to care for and was spending all my computer time doing research for
that. but i am back and feeling great! well this topic caught my eye on my
first day back to reading posts. i live in CT any one know of any clinics
like this around here? even a long drive away is fine, you know 5 hours or
so, but CA is a little far.

i'd also like to take this time to reintroduce myself to the group. i am
sure there are many new hikers around by now. i am planning my first thru in
2003. leaving mid march i think going north bound. i live in CT currently.
i do not have a pertner as of yet but would feel more comfortable in having
one. will be going either way. i do lots of hiking but never longdistance.
small hiking and camping trips though. my issue is that i am a very small
person. 4 ft 10inch about 87-90 pounds. so i will be going ultralight. as
my ultralight pack will be full weight compared to most. i can carry about
20 pounds but would really like to get it down abit. this is where the
having a pertner would do more fpor me than just company. you know carrying
a few shared items. but i am a survivor so....
i have not purchased any gear yet. i have a few little things but nothing
really. so advice is really what i want. i was doing alot af research
before, but am now getting back to it and getting serious. i need small
lightweigth gera that will hold up. money is of course an issue bu ti do
know that i may need to spend more to get what i really want and need. so of
course it makes it worth it.

thanks guys and i really did miss all of you--regan--