[at-l] Mt Rainier Trouble

Great pictures. Brought me back. I did the hill in August 1988. Your pictures
capture the steepness of the summit cone.

     Something to consider after having to sit down from fatigue on the
summit is that Everest's base camp is 5,000 feet higher than Rainier's
summit. However, many have compared the difficulty of Everest as being
similar to climbing Rainier, though that climb starts at 19,000 feet...

     When I got back to Paradise Lodge I was sunburned and my lips were
seriously cracked and scabbed from sunburn and dehydration. Otherwise the
mountain is a walk-up and the main challenge is endurance. We had sunny
weather for 4 days and extreme winds on the last night at Muir Camp. We later
learned a Japanese man was fined for climbing the peak solo in one day from
Paradise...

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---