[at-l] (no subject)

The best bet is start making a list of what you plan on bringing, what you
already have, and what your budget it.  You can post this on this newsgroup
as well as the many AT related forums out there. (Link to mine at the
bottom, with a section dedicated particularly on this topic).  This will
give others to critique your plans etc.  If you are starting from scratch,
start heading out to the sporting good stores and trying out gear.  Be sure
to load up the packs, walk around abit, jump in the sleeping bags, set up
the tents.  Then start picking the gear you like and check with the groups,
lists and forums to see what their experience has been.  The process may
take some time, but worth it in the long run.  Onething to remember, YOU
have to make the final decisions.  Everyone I met on my thru-hike did
something different, and all for different reasons.  Maybe try renting some
gear, and heading out for a few weekends to see what works for you.  Good
luck!!
__

Todd "M&M" Ricker
GA>ME AT99

ICQ: 24455973
AOL/AIM: MMATGA2ME99

WIN A FREE COPY OF DeLORME TOPO USA 4.0  More details at
www.trail-life.com/contest.htm

To open soon ... www.trail-life.com  Home of the Long Distance Backpacker
and America's National Scenic Trails.  Discussion forums, online guides,
journals, articles, stories, trail info, and trail news.  Please feel free
to leave suggestions or comments.