[at-l] RE: Question about alcohol stove use

At 07:23 PM 07/02/2002 -0400, PMAnderson@apshealthcare.com wrote:
>I had a half used canister that I thought would be perfect and last the few
>days to neels.  It lasted until Franklin the durn thing!  ;-)

Oh yes, that reminds me of the other reason I wouldn't take one on a
thru.  It's tough to tell when you are running out of fuel.  It isn't like
wood, white gas or alcohol.  You can't see how much is left.  Isobutane
just sort of peters out.  You heft the canister shake it a bit and think
"Yeah, I still have some left" but then you light it and get a piddling
flame that takes 20 minutes to boil your water.  :-P

sAunTerer