[at-l] Hennessy Asym

On Friday, June 21, 2002, at 06:09 AM, Jan Leitschuh wrote:

> Still searching for a way to warm the thing up - even now it sleeps a
> bit
> cool for me. The other night I used my 3/4 Thermorest. Partially
> deflated,
> it stayed under me surprisingly well. I thought the pad might flip all
> around. The reflector went under that. I was comfortable. But it was in
> the
> 60s and I had my long johns on.
> Still unsure of whether to take it on the Long Trail. The ground sleeps
> alot
> warmer - and harder!

If you're having trouble staying warm in 60 degree temps in the hammock,
maybe you shouldn't take it on the Long Trail.  I expect it'll get
colder than
that there.   :)

On the other hand, if you're anything like me it might be worth the
effort to
try to find ways to get warmer.  Waking up not stiff in the morning is
so nice.

Where do you feel cold when you sleep in the hammock?  All over, at
your feet,  under your hip?

-amy