Reflectex was : [at-l] Hennessy Asym

----- Original Message -----
From: "Amy" <askowronek@mindspring.com>

> (Which is funny, because
> I never noticed myself being a moist sleeper before, but there
> ya go.)

This is something new to me as well - and only in my hammock!  So why are we
sweating in there??  Or rather, not evaporating?  If I can't solve this, it
may be the one thing that gets me back out of the Hennessy. I really love it
in every other way, but I've never before (tent or shelter) woken up with
everything damp from my own perspiration.  But that was the problem I had
*every* night in the hammock back in mid-April on the AT in Georgia.  I
shipped my 15 degree bag home from Walasi-Yi and picked up a Ferrino HL
Micro, and although I didn't feel as warm at night (I was more comfortable -
had been too warm before) I still continued to have to deal with the lack of
evaporation of the perspiration.  And there were times I was chilly, but
still dealing with the perspiration (which your body does all the time - I'm
just normally not aware of it when I'm sleeping cold).

I use only a Mt Washington pad under me (which catches all that moisture in
the depressions) and my sleeping bag as a quilt.  Haven't done the reflector
or anything else.  And I haven't used the hammock long enough to have tried
lots of different combinations in different temps.

suz