Re[2]: [at-l] We're he from the government and we want to help you

I  joined  the  list  a  bit  over  a  year  ago. Since then I've heard numerous
complaints  about how the list has changed for the worse, since about that time.

But with a couple of exceptions many months ago, no one has ever cited a post of
mine that they seemed to think was strident or nasty. The exceptions involved my
comment  that  a silly post was, well, silly. "Silly" is not a very polite word,
I'll agree -- but "strident" and "nasty?" I think not.

I  continually  hear  accusations  in  the  abstract about how us newcomers have
damaged  the  friendly  campfire  that  used  to  prevail.  No  one seems to get
specific.

For  what  its worth, these vague, unsupported accusations that keep cropping up
are  my  major complaint about the list. Otherwise I find it interesting, useful
and occasionally stimulating.

I've  also  just  reviewed  my  postings  for  the past two weeks in response to
sloetoe's comments. My messages to the list strike me as a reasonable mixture of
trail  advice, politics, humor (well attempted humor anyway) philosophy, comment
and responses to questions. YMMV

Old  timers  I  know  tend  to  glorify  the  past.  That's  why  I'm struggling
desperately  not  to  become  old.  Please let me know if you detect any old age
symptoms and I'll try to root them out.

Weary