[at-l] We're he from the government and we want to help you

Well, I'm probably in a minority, but here goes:

1)  Humans are not perfect;
2)  AT-L listers are human! :)
3)  Pure enviro discussion lists get right tiresome after a while;
4)  Discussions re enviro/gov't/political/religious issues somehow are
more - much more - palatable to me coming from AT-L listers, with whom I
feel other common bonds, than on any other list I've participated in;
5)  Even in the midst of the hottest discussions we've ever had here in
the past 15 or so months, there have always been some other posts to
lighten the day, inform, chastise, etc.
6)  Divide and conquer [the good list synergy] is a bad thing.

In conclusion, I'm strongly against dividing the list up by attempting
to separate out "advocay" or "enviro" or any other sub-group.  I'll end
with a very rough paraphrase of a famous quote:  The AT-L list is a
terrible form of communication, but it's the best version of
communication that the world has developed to-date! :)

Thru-Thinker