[at-l] We're he from the government and we want to help you

> Has it ever occurred to you that government-subsidized
> firefighting services and disaster insurance are what
> attracts people to build houses "where they shouldn't"
> in the first place?
>
> -TXIIS
Actually that is not the reason.  The people were there before the government subsidized services were there.  In the old days each home had a placard on it say who insured the house.  If a house caugh on fire only the firecompany hired by that insurance agency could fight that fire.  Of course the low bidder got the contract and many homes burned to the ground.  The whole system was rife with corruption and the people asked for government assistence.  That is why we have fire departments.  Likewise when people build house where they shouldn't they ask for relief from the US governemnt.  The government has rethought its policy and some area  if ones home is destoried by a nutural disater then you cannot rebuild.  At least the government did not take their land away like when they created SNP or DWG.

Bob Dudley