[at-l] Thanks

At 12:21 PM 6/10/2002 -0400, Carfell@aol.com wrote:

>  I live in nothwestern CT, any suggestions for dayhikes around here?

How about the Appalachian Trail?  Not far at all from your neck of the woods.

Almost any "straight" hike can be turned into a loop hike with the help of
a bicycle.  It goes like this:

1. Drop pack off in the woods at hike-starting point.
    (You might even skip this step if the pack is light enough.)
2. Drive to hike-ending point, park car.
3. Ride bike back to hike-starting point.
     If you skipped Step 1, don't forget the day-pack!
4. Park bike in woods, grab the pack, and hike back to car.

I've walked a couple hundred miles of AT using this method.

rafe b.
aka terrapin